mercoledì 14 novembre 2012

(R.I.P. GURU) Just Remember A Friend...

This Track was re-edit from the original idea. it's somethin' I wanna to share with everyone who love his Music and had the privilege to know him personally... It's just a simple Salute, a little dedication to a Great performer, a True Artist and a cool Friend.. I made it for him in the early 90's when he came out in Torino (ITALY) was one of the very first time, during the Gang Starr and the first Jazzmatazz Tour along with Big Shug, Doc Donald Byrd and Mr Bernard Purdie.
Keith Elam aka Guru...is a nice cool dude always showing mad Respect for everyone, every fan... a very humble person (like a Real Artist should be)... whenever was around he used to holla and always give me a special shout out... sometimes when there was a chance, also use to call my name for invite me to come on stage to Represent Zulu Nation and Hip Hop Culture with him.............................like Milk Dee "What more can I say?"
For me, being a fan of his Music, was a such honor consider by legends like Guru and Preemo, to be down with the Fam.......GangStarr Foundation!
I've met him around the world in many places...... one time after the Show I remember we went to listening some tracks in my home/Studio.. Beats4Life ....after talking about some common friends represented in some pictures hanging on the wall...I play some of my beats, he was positive surprise  ('cause he thought I was only a Bboy)... pretty soon he gave me love n' props right away..... then I throw this Beat and immediately loved it n' started it out with one of his Fresh brand nu verse then.... Oh my God!....he kick a crazy dope freestyle .....Yo, he rocked it, no doubt about it!!...................Ain't no shame for me to say... I felt like I was blessed..........definitely was one of those unforgettable moment!
unfortunately we never had the chance to release it...........well it doesn't matter, consider this just a little present.......................was yours anyway .................. I'll never forget u brother!
Rest In Peace KING With Words............................(R.I.P. GURU)



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.